Talent Acquisition Specialist
Remote / Glasgow / Edinburgh
£35k – £50k
At MRM Global, our purpose is to enable the world’s leading consumer brands to increase their sales and eliminate waste by providing technology that enables marketing materials to be created on-demand, customised for a local audience and manufactured near to the final destination.
Many of the world’s leading drinks brands including Bacardi, Carlsberg, Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Molson Coors and Campari use MRM Global’s Brand Creator technology to create customised and brand compliant marketing materials enabling them to grow sales through impactful marketing and reduce waste through our 100% on-demand global production network.
MRM Global is a high growth scale-up who have grown rapidly over the last 5 years with an average year on year revenue growth of 41%. MRM have expanded into 35 countries and in 2020 secured a growth capital investment of £2.6m from the British Growth Fund (BGF) to fund our continued growth with a focus on expanding rapidly in North America and significantly increasing investment in our technology.
Our next phase of growth is the most exciting yet as we scale the business globally and we’re looking for someone who’ll be able to help us find the talent that can take us there!
Our Culture and Values
Our culture reflects our values and our ambition to be a global market leader. That means that we’re a fast-paced organisation where every day is different, and the work is challenging. We appreciate that the scale-up experience isn’t for everyone. We are specifically looking for people who love taking responsibility, challenging themselves and who strongly relate to our 4 core values:
- We’re a team: Growing a global company means solving some very difficult problems and we believe working as a team and leveraging the skills of a diverse group of people is the best way to solve those problems. We look for team players with a track record of working with others to achieve amazing results.
- We’re resilient: If you’re looking for a smooth ride on a freshly surfaced road, with no diversions, MRM probably isn’t for you. We’re looking for people who love a challenge, can handle uncertainty and have the gritty resilience to overcome difficulties.
- We’re humble: Being open to learn and being able to admit when your wrong is fundamental to the having the growth mindset required at MRM. At MRM we are taking on new challenges every day and we don’t have all the answers. Those who succeed at MRM are humble with a strong desire to develop themselves and be constantly learning.
- Be yourself: At MRM we believe it’s essential to have genuine connections with team-mates, customers, and suppliers. We look for people that are honest, genuine and can build deep relationships with others based on trust and authenticity.
What you’ll do;
You’ll lead the talent acquisition strategy for MRM Global, working with key stakeholders to identify, source and attract the best talent, building talent pools for our tech, design, operations, commercial and leadership teams.
This role is key to our growth strategy and we’re looking for someone who can create and shape our internal recruitment processes and systems – transitioning away from external recruitment agencies, building our employer brand and creating a brilliant candidate experience.
A key part of our People Team, you’ll work alongside Abigail our People Advisor and report directly to our Head of People, Susan. You’ll engage with teams across the business, working directly with hiring managers and the leadership team to help us hire brilliant team players.
- Build, shape and manage our internal recruitment processes and systems in a way that scales effectively
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with key stakeholders to understand the current talent needs and forecast hiring requirements, in line with growth plans
- Develop our external employer brand, through social media channels and our website to attract active and passive candidates
- Through inclusive recruitment practices and campaigns, attract diverse candidates who will add to our collective DNA and culture
- Create and maintain a first-class candidate experience, to ensure that successful and unsuccessful candidates remain MRM Global brand ambassadors
- Advertise, source and head hunt talent through social media channels, MRM Global’s network, our website and job boards
- Screen candidates, arranging and conducting interviews and providing qualified shortlists and candidates insights for hiring managers
- Design and coordinate an appropriate selection process with hiring managers, arranging interviews, practical exercises, personality profiling assessments, through to negotiation, offer and acceptance
- Develop talent pipelines through innovative sourcing solutions and partnerships
- Working closely and coordinating effectively with Abigail to organise the first steps of onboarding, including start date arrangements and contractual documentation
- Create and monitor recruitment KPIs including cost to hire, success rates and time to hire
- Make sure our recruitment process and practices are progressive, inclusive and compliant with employment law
- Monitor external market trends, keep key stakeholders up to date on how this will impact our hiring plans and develop creative alternative solutions
- Each person in MRM Global plays a unique role in our collective DNA and culture, aligned by our core values. As we add to the team, we are looking to build a company that’s diverse and inclusive, that promotes differences and where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong. That’s why our focus is not on time-to-hire but on the quality-of-hire
What you’ll bring;
- Experience working in a team-orientated, fast-paced recruitment role managing multiple open roles and candidates
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to identify sourcing solutions
- Experience of sourcing, implementing and embedding recruitment systems and processes to scale effectively
- Ability to handle and coordinate multiple stakeholders’ requests and activities
- Experience of sourcing using job boards, social media, LinkedIn, and head-hunting
- Ability to recruit for roles at all levels, adjusting expectations and requirements accordingly
- Strong organisation skills; the ability to multi-task, prioritise and get things done in a fast-paced innovative culture.
- A proactive approach in your work; you will think and act independently with strong knowledge of the latest thinking and best practice
- Ownership: excellent attention to detail, give clear and direct advice operate with confidentiality
- Commercially focused with a proactive approach to measuring and monitoring impact and outcomes
- Outcomes focused with strong analytical skills; you’ll have experience of using and analysing data to create proposals and drive decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you’ll engage and involve and collaborate at all levels in the organisation with clear and compelling written and verbal communication
- A passion for creative and innovative ways to make work fun
Not essential, it would be a bonus if you;
- Experience recruiting for an SME, with focus on quality of hire
- Recruitment in recruiting in any of the key markets such as tech, design, operations, commercial
- Experience with leading an end-to-end talent acquisition process
The knowledge and skills we’ve listed represent “the perfect candidate”. No one’s perfect and we know the ‘confidence gap’ can stop brilliant people applying. If you love the sound of this opportunity please apply, we’d love to hear from you.
You could belong here;
No two days are the same and we move fast. We look for people who believe nothing is impossible. People who are willing to roll their sleeves up and try. People who believe different is good and safe is scary.
To deliver brilliant marketing to MRM’s global drinks suppliers and their customers we need to build a company that’s reflective of their diversity. We’re building an inclusive workplace that promotes and values difference, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong.
We’re happy to consider flexible working, including part-time hours – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance.
What we’ll offer
As well as your salary;
- Pension. A combined contribution of up 12% of your salary for your future.
- Reward and Recognition. A bonus scheme based on company performance and your personal contribution, with regular recognition along the way.
- Holidays. 30 days including public holidays, with options to buy or sell extra days.
- Wellbeing. We’ll support you in looking after your health and wellbeing so you can do your best work. We operate a cycle to work scheme, have a weekly fitness class hosted by a professional instructor and offer emotional and practical advice through an employee assistance programme run by BUPA.
- Central office location. Flexibility to work remotely, with a great space to collaborate with colleagues and contribute to our culture.
- Grow with us. You’ll have opportunities to develop your career in a high pace technology company as part of a great team.
- Personal Investment. We’ll invest in your personal development and give you regular feedback.
- Open culture. A place where you can bring new ideas, try doing things differently and have a real impact.
For more information about us visit: https://mrmglobal.com/ or check out our socials.
Drop me a line