Remote, with ability to travel to Edinburgh City Centre
Salary between £25,000 and £35,000, depending on experience
At MRM Global, our purpose is to enable the world’s leading consumer brands to increase their sales and reduce wastage.
Research shows that up to 30% of physical marketing materials in the consumer goods industry are never executed and are instead sent to landfill, incinerated, or recycled. This wastes time, resources, money and most importantly has a huge negative impact on the environment.
At MRM Global, we believe there is a better way to support customers with physical marketing. We believe that the future is on-demand ordering, localised content, and distributed production.
Global consumer brands such as Bacardi, Diageo, Carlsberg, and many others use our Brand Creator technology platform to create customised and brand compliant marketing materials that are produced 100% on-demand through our global cloud printing network.
MRM Global is a high growth scale-up business with an ambition to become an industry leading marketing technology company. Since we launched our Brand Creator platform 5 years ago, we have grown rapidly (average year on year revenue growth of 41%) and have expanded into 35 countries. In 2020, we secured a £2.6m investment from the British Growth Fund (BGF) to fund our continued growth with a focus on expanding rapidly in North America.
Our next phase of growth is the most exciting yet as we scale the business globally and we are looking for brilliant people to join us on our mission to fundamentally change the way that global brands deliver their physical marketing.
Our culture reflects our rapid growth and our ambition to be the global market leader. That means that we are a fast-paced organisation where every day is different, and the work is challenging. We appreciate that the scale-up experience isn’t for everyone. We are specifically looking for people who love taking responsibility, challenging themselves and who strongly relate to our 4 core values:
- We’re a team: Growing a global company means solving some difficult problems and we believe working as a team and leveraging the skills of a diverse group of people is the best way to solve those problems. We look for team players with a track record of working with others to achieve amazing results.
- We’re resilient: We are looking for people who love a challenge, can handle uncertainty, and have the gritty resilience to overcome difficulties.
- We’re humble: Being open to learn and being able to admit when your wrong is fundamental to the having the growth mindset required at MRM. Those who succeed at MRM are humble with a powerful desire to develop themselves and to constantly learn.
- Be yourself: We believe it is essential to have genuine connections with team-mates, customers, and suppliers. We look for people that are honest, genuine and can build deep relationships with others based on trust and authenticity.
What you will do;
As a Support Engineer at MRM Global you will be responsible for second-line support responsibilities, including troubleshooting technical issues across all supported web applications, bug fixing, and processing ad-hoc data requests.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with the Engineering team, the first-line Customer Support team, and the wider business by providing high-quality support and resolutions in a timely manner.
Our employees work remotely, with in-person office days to collaborate approx. once a month. As such, applicants should be comfortable with working in a remote setting and should be located within the United Kingdom (UK).
What your responsibilities will be;
- Acting as an escalation point for the first-line Customer Support team to help them diagnose end-user issues, and to understand the severity.
- Provide accurate and timely feedback to the Customer Support team to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
- If the diagnosis of an issue reveals a bug, collaborate with the Product Team to ensure that it is logged with clear reproduction steps and scheduled in the development backlog, according to priority. As your skills develop, you will be responsible for fixing the bugs that you have logged.
- Share your knowledge and suggested improvements for issue-resolution and tracking with the Customer Support team.
- Collaborate with business users to understand and process their data requests.
- Share ‘frequently asked requests’ with the Product Team to explore the possibility of automating these tasks.
- Ensure all Knowledge Base articles and supporting documentation are maintained.
What you will bring;
- Proficient in using debugging tools, such as Chrome’s Developer Tools and Postman, to troubleshoot errors.
- Demonstrable knowledge of using T-SQL and Postgres to process data requests.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Desire to consistently deliver a high-quality service, including an ability to identify and champion service improvement opportunities.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Software Engineers, Testers, and the Product Team.
- Desire to continue to grow professional capabilities with ongoing training and educational opportunities.
Not essential, it would be a bonus if you have;
- Experience of working in a technical support environment for a commercial business.
- Experience using Zendesk and Azure DevOps Boards.
- Experience working for a high-growth company.
The knowledge and skills we have listed represent “the perfect candidate.” No one’s perfect and we know the ‘confidence gap’ can stop brilliant people applying. If you love the sound of this opportunity please apply, we would love to hear from you.
You could belong here;
To deliver brilliant marketing to MRM’s global drinks suppliers and their customers we need to build a company that is reflective of their diversity. We are building an inclusive workplace that promotes and values difference, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work and be proud to belong.
What we will offer
As well as your salary, we will offer the following:
- Pension. A combined contribution of up 12% of your salary for your future.
- Reward and Recognition. A bonus scheme based on company performance and your personal contribution, with regular recognition along the way.
- Holidays. 30 days including public holidays, with options to buy or sell extra days.
- Wellbeing. We will support you in looking after your health and wellbeing so you can do your best work. We operate a cycle to work scheme, and offer emotional and practical advice through an employee assistance programme run by BUPA.
- Central office location. Flexibility to work remotely, with a great space to collaborate with colleagues and contribute to our culture.
- Grow with us. You will have opportunities to develop your career in a high pace technology company as part of a talented team.
- Personal Investment. We will invest in your personal development and give you regular feedback. Plus, we encourage and support (financially) further professional qualifications
- Engineer Toolbox. We pay for licenses, so all our Engineers have access to a toolbox of best-in-class development tools.
- Open culture. A place where you can bring innovative ideas, try doing things differently and have a real impact.
Drop me a line