National Account Manager – North America
MRM Global are an industry leading technology company focused on providing innovative digital solutions for sales and marketing professionals in the beauty and alcoholic drinks sector. Global companies such as Bacardi, Carlsberg and L’Oréal use our software to help their sales teams support their customers with customised sales and marketing materials that increase sales and improve customer retention.
MRM are expanding internationally and setting up their North American Business Unit. This business unit is supported by over 20 years of experience and industry leading execution. We are looking for our new sales team that is ready to blaze a new path and loves to win!
As the National Account Manager, you are accountable for the strategic leadership and growth of national accounts within different channel segments, global accounts and the prospecting and growing of new accounts. Working closely with the most senior key stakeholders within these organisations, you will build strategic relationships, develop account plans and deliver on MRM’s global growth plan.
Your goal will be to create a business machine, working with the NA GM and your global counterparts, you will have the opportunity to help architect the future team, leading by example and growing it without restriction. You will be responsible for developing a specific strategy to increase product adoption and use what you learn to help create best practices that are transferable to other accounts and team members. You will also attain invaluable product feedback that you will relay back to our Product team to constantly improve our products.
You will work very closely with our implementation, development and customer success teams to ensure that we deliver on the product roadmap and international market rollout plans.
You will love interacting with customers and building collaborative, consultative relationships with them. You will have a growth mindset, learning and developing yourself and the team at every opportunity and strive to be a strategic partner for our customers rather than just a supplier.
Who You Are
You will need to be someone who thrives in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment where the pace is very fast and the every day is different. You will be willing to take on responsibility from day one and have the experience and confidence to learn quickly and tackle new challenges.
You are someone who likes to work hard, commercially driven and results oriented. You will need to have the tenacity and determination to see difficult projects through to completion and manage change in large international organisations.
You are someone who is excited by new opportunities, challenges the status quo and wants to be a critical part of a fast growing business. You will have a commitment to continued learning and self-improvement.
The ideal candidate will need to identify strongly with our 5 core values:
- Responsibility – take ownership and pro-actively look for opportunities to add value
- Customer Focus – understand our customer’s needs and exceed their expectations
- Adventure – get excited about about stepping into the unknown and taking risks
- Teamwork – Work as one team not as individuals or departments
- Speed – outpace the competition, moving faster to adapt to a changing marketplace
- Manage and grow our top accounts through creation of a strategic business plan aligned to our customers’ needs
- Develop new business in conjunction with EU counterpart, collaborate and strategize to win all over the globe
- Engage with customers to teach and train them on the insights, using those insights to grow mind share and revenue from print and data offerings
- Train virtually and in person teams of users to ensure they are proficient and excellent users
- Grows MRM market position by locating, developing, defining, and closing business relationships across all relevant channels
- Become a strategic business partner for the customer, embed MRM at the heart of their activation strategy – become the ‘go-to’ partner for innovation
- Expand our business internationally through developing relationships with existing customers and developing new business opportunities
- Work across implementation, development and customer success team members to ensure client onboarding is achieved
- Support the design and development of MRM software by providing our development team with feedback from clients and ideas for new functionality and features
- Work with customer brand teams, marketing teams and our internal MRM design teams to create additional engaging content for the market and to answer “limited time offering” opportunities
- Focus on improving the account P&L with the aim of increasing profitability and cash flow
Requirements – Must Have
- Drinks industry, Foodservice or FMCG industry sales experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Manager/Director, comfortable handling multiple customers
- A track record of developing new business and managing major clients
- Have a keen interest in technology and the use of software to increase business efficiency
- Strong commercial experience and negotiation skills
- Experience navigating complex organisations and working will multiple stakeholders
- Customer Service attitude, ability to teach and train
Requirements – Nice to Have
- Experience in the On-Trade, Off-Trade convenience and/ or HORECA sector
- Knowledge of hospitality, CPG or Retail industry serviced by sales and merchandising teams
- Experience of delivering business change projects in large organisations
- A large network of industry contacts
- Salary – $90,000 – $110,000 DOE
- Bonus Scheme
- Personal development and training budget
- 15 days holiday including major holidays
- Based in East or Central Time zone
- Ability to travel on a regular basis