Director of Sales – Americas
As our lead in the America’s you will be spearheading our expansion by building on the initial success we’ve had since going live and growing the business by developing partnerships with key wholesalers and suppliers. Reporting into the Head of Sales and working closely with our global account team you will be responsible for delivering our sales strategy in the USA, Canada and South America.
Working closely with the key stakeholders in the customer’s organisation, you will build strategic relationships, drive user engagement and deliver on MRM’s ambitious growth plans.
You will need to have a consultative and strategic sales approach and have experience selling solutions rather than off-the-shelf products. You will need to have the character and expertise to become a trusted advisor to customers as part of a collaborative partnership.
You will be responsible for developing customer-specific strategies to increase product adoption and user engagement for your customers and use what you learn to help create best practices that are transferable to other accounts.
Who You Are
You will be a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment where the pace is lightning quick and every day is different. You will be willing to take on significant responsibility from day one and have the experience and confidence to learn quickly and tackle new challenges.
You are resilient, determined and results oriented. You will need to have the tenacity and persistence to see difficult projects through to completion and manage change in large international organisations.
You will have significant experience in the US wine and spirits industry and will have worked for a supplier, wholesaler or an agency supporting those companies. You will have an extensive industry network and a deep understanding of the dynamics and different motivations for the different parts of the 3-tier system.
You are someone who is excited by new opportunities, challenges the status quo and wants to be a critical part of a fast-growing business. You will have a commitment to continued learning and self-improvement. A growth mindset is critical.
- 7+ years of beverage alcohol sales and/or trade marketing experience
- Have worked in Field sales, customer marketing and/or National Account Management.
- Deep knowledge of the US Beverage Alcohol industry and the 3-tier system
- Experience working in both the on-premise and off-premise in sales and/or marketing roles
- A track record of developing new business and managing major clients
- Strong commercial experience and negotiation skills
- Experience navigating complex organisations and working with multiple C level stakeholders
- Experience of delivering business change projects in large organisations